Friday, February 12, 2010

My first post, my first 100


I have long desired to have a public running blog for my occasional musings and race reports, as compared to my fastrunningblog which serves as my daily training log. Since I just finished my first 100 last weekend, I figured now was a good time to actually make a site.

I really enjoyed the Rocky Raccoon 100 last weekend and was happy to finish sub-20 hrs, especially given that I have been fighting some injuries and hardly ran over the last 6 weeks. I'm planning to continue running a smattering of trail races this spring and summer, culminating in my hometown Bear 100 this September. Onwards and upwards!

For the record, the name of this post comes from my distinctive (and somewhat ugly) green racing shorts. Believe it or not, I got them in high school when I worked in for a lawn mowing company, Green for Green, with my cross country coach. For some reason, he bought some very short green shorts for us to wear on occasion. I hid them away, but them found them a few years later and made them my official racing shorts. They have brought me good luck in the past and hope they will continue to do so.


7 comments:

  1. I've been pondering to start up a separate blog as well like this. One thing I came across recently was a site called www.runningahead.com. It's similar to FRB except has better ability to track stats and has graphs, etc. And they provide Javascript widgets so you could put stats from your running on the sidebar of a regular blog like this if you want. For now I'm going to use both FRB and runningahead and see if it's worth changing over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I see the Buffalo run is still on the agenda, however at the 25K distance. Did you know the course record is within grasp? Go get it!
    Poo on the FRB for no random comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I do the same, use my crockettclan.org/blog for more serious thoughts and race reports. I've upgraded it with a new look. The only good purpose I see for the green shorts it to find yourself in the pictures. I'd chafe like crazy wearing those short bad boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been doing the same for quite some time now. Althoug no one reads my other blog. Ha. This one is now bookmarked. I like the idea of this blog Jon, I feel better about harrassing you here than on FRB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so i was thinking...perhaps we should trash your shorts! just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jon, congratulations on the Rocky Racoon. I enjoyed reading your description of the race. Quite the amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Jon. I'm inspired by your accomplishment your not a runner only but a incredible athlete. May God always be with you in your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete